Monday, September 28, 2009

Football Frenzy!

Oh! My! Gosh!

Football season is in full swing and it was a great weekend! Florida played great, even though Tebow got hurt. Jacksonville FINALLY put it to the Texans in Houston.

And a big shoutout to Boo and her hubby who have been LOYAL season-ticket holders to the U of H Cougars all these years. Congrats on a great game against Texas Tech.

On to the "other football"......ESPN U is airing SEC Girls Soccer. Skibbie and I watched Ole Miss take down Auburn in double-overtime to win on a penalty kick - total nail biter! As Skibbie watched, she was yelling at the defenders, "Pressure the ball! Pressure the ball!" I knew there was a raving football fan inside of her somewhere....I just didn't know which kind of football it was.

7 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Soccer over here is "futeball"....when we talk about football, we have to clarify, The American kind.....

Anonymous said...

Hey! Atleast we went down fighting!! War Eagle!!
Denise

Unknown said...

I watched the Saints Sunday all by myself. Beau wasn't home. Not sure what that was about. They're finally starting off on the right foot, so I guess I'll watch this year.

Anonymous said...

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! #3 baby!!!
(You KNOW who this post is from!)

Unknown said...

At least another chic who posts about football!! We are a total football family! My husband even gets to play in a national legue here in Spain.

Oh no Tebow got hurt??? Is he ok?? We didn´t hear. We dont´get to watch too many games.

The Hat Chick said...

Dani Joy,
Tebow had a concusion, but he is okay. Florida has a bye this weekend before they take on LSU, so he will have time to rest and recover. His parents were at the game and there was a hush over the crowd when, at first, he didn't get up from the hit. Pretty scary stuff.

Anonymous said...

Aww, you were so close...we were Rice season ticket holder. : ) Boo

How many have Peeped here?