Monday, March 23, 2009

Dancing with a Star

Action's dance competition was yesterday. I was proud of myself. I squelched my inner stage mom. She tried to get out, but I beat her back with a thin reed and a wet noodle.

I didn't use hairspray on him.
I didn't make comments between dances.
I didn't yell out at him to smile or to stop looking at the floor.
I didn't critique between heats.

I left him in the care of the coaches.
I stayed at my table and in my chair.
I only cheered and took video (okay, I stood by the chair to take the video, and to make sure he could see me.....I know, like he was looking for me).

Here is Action and his partner at their first real competition. They competed in 10 heats and placed in 9 of them (mostly second and third places, only one first place finish).

This is the best video I took of them - meaning that I could see Action dancing without the other competitors dancing into the frame. I need to coach Action on how to dance in front of the judges. Ack! There she is again - the stage mom. Where's the wet noodle?!

Oh yeah, and the "wooooo" you will hear is me. Scary, I know.



5 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Yep...That confirms it....

Action has a 34 year old admirer....!!

Look at him go!!!

Mandi Shandi said...

WHAT?! I am amazed! That child can MOVE! Who is the dancer, you or Big Daddy? He has to have gotten this interest somewhere. I am just so darn impressed. Not at all what I expected!

Unknown said...

Wow. I am impressed.

Next stop, "Dancing with the Stars."

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Was that ever cute!!!

Missy said...

You go momma! Way to hold back! I guess. I don't know that I could have. Looks like you have quite the little dancer on your hands. Looks like fun!

How many have Peeped here?