Mrs. Cutillowitz, my sister-in-law, is having her first baby!! The peeps will have a new little girl cousin. Mmmmm - I already know she will have a sweet smelling head. And big brown eyes. And her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I just know it.
We are throwing a baby shower for Mrs. C. next month. The colors are pink and brown, but we don't really have a "theme". My partners in crime are Delaweird, my MIL, Mrs. C.'s friend around the corner, "Zena, Warrior Princess" (we've never met face-to-face, but from stories I've heard, this woman deserves a superhero cape).
I've made and mailed the invitations. The tasks of food (MIL), decorations (Zena), and favors (Delaweird) have been divided. I still have to order the cake Or cupcakes Or petit fors. (Mrs. C reads this blog...or at least she used to.....and I would like to maintain a certain amount of mystery.....makes it more fun, don't you think?)
I'm in charge of party games. I've found a few that look fun, but I am under STRICT orders from Mrs. C. not to include any games that require any measurement of her girth or requires her to reveal intimate details (she's an intensly private person, so if she is reading this, she is cringing and the phone may ring soon.....read fast.) I am planning one game that is an homage to the daddy, the HIE. I mean, it takes two to make a baby, so I think he should get some recognition at the shower.
What is the best baby shower game you have played? Was it at your baby shower or someone else's? Any other ideas that aren't necessarily a game?
5 comments:
Sounds like you're going to have a great baby shower!
Sorry, but I don't have any good ideas for games. I'm sure others will.
I don't even remember the games we played at my shower. The gifts are the best part anyway. ;-)
-FringeGirl
Ok, this is kinda gross, but funny.
I played this at a baby shower. You take different types of chocolate candy bars (baby ruth, snicker's, whatever), melt them in diapers in the microwave. The guests are to guess which candy bars are which just by looking and smelling them.
Don't knock it. It was fun. Here we go with the poop again.
Well, I can see how some might find this tacky; I think it depends upon the crowd... For one friend we made guests' nametags out of small "diapers." A random one was "irty inside (with melted chocolate), and she won a gift. Cute and (nearly) effortless!
Whoops! That should be "dirty." :)
Taking the labels off of the baby food jars and having everyone pass them around and guess what they were was a pretty fun one.
Post a Comment