Have you noticed the little link on the Google site to the White House? Apparently The White House is taking a survey. What a concept - use technology to directly ask the people what they think!! Who do they think they are......our elected and paid representatives? Haven't they gotten the memo....ppssst! You're in now. You don't have to think about us until the next election.
You can vote on questions others have asked. You can ask a question. (What they don't tell you is that you are limited to 30 minutes, so read and vote quickly - or have your question ready before you go online.) I didn't ask a question. I just voted on other's questions. I looked through the top 20 questions in each topic and voted for the ones I liked. Then I scrolled through some topics of the subjects that interest me most. I saw a fairly well worded question dealing with every issue that I would have asked a question about.
And I saw lots more that were not well worded. Education anyone?
From a purely statistical standpoint, I wonder if the results will be skewed since only those with access to a computer are able to participate? Just think about that for a minute.
For example, my mother doesn't have a home computer. She doesn't work, so no access there. She doesn't hang out at the library or one of those internet coffee bars (you know, the ones that have public computers available for a fee). She doesn't even know about the survey. She can't participate. She's a tax payer who lives within her means. She's not looking for a bailout. She is a conservative Christian whose views will not be heard. Just sayin'.
I noticed that the White House didn't ask about gun control or stem-cell research. They don't really care what we think about those things.
The most interesting comment that was repeated in every section related to legalizing marijuana.
Health care: smoke it for pain relief
Economy: cash crop, tax it like tobacco or alcohol
Law Enforcement: victimless crime, will stop drug wars
People want hash and they are willing to pay for it. I've never tried it. I'm not much into the uselessly-burning-my-brain-cells gig. I believe the human race needs all the brain cells the good Lord gave us.
So rush over with all your brain cells and put them to work on the survey.
1 comment:
I HAD thought about the skewed statistics b/c of a lack of internet access. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks about such things!
Post a Comment