Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Because you can't get enough ballroom dancing, right?

I had to upload one more video. I wanted you to see Action in a different dance, but I also wanted you to see how bright the future of ballroom dancing really is. In the video below, there is another couple who are sixth graders (the boy has a white shirt and the girl a three tiered fringy costume) - although I know it will be hard for you not to focus on Action, I want you to see this other couple as well. They train at our studio. I hope Action and his partner will be able to dance at their level one day.

Let me clear a few things up before you see the video, which is ChaCha.

Action and his partner have been dancing together for 4 months. Action has been dancing for 4 months. period. She has been dancing for a little longer.

I know the sixth graders have been dancing together for at least 3 years. I also know that they placed extremely high in the national competition.

New rules are in place for costuming. Effective July 1, juniors are not allowed to wear costumes (like the three tiered fringy thing). The new-comer juniors have already adopted these rules since three tiered fringy costumes are SUPER expensive. I am just glad I have the boy in this twosome (although custom latin pants are SUPER expensive as well. I will have to breakdown and get him a pair).

Sadly, you will have to endure another "woooo" from me.

3 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Another fabulous performance from the adorable Action.

(Those 6th graders in the background....is that normal??!!)

The Hat Chick said...

Nina,
Their parents are Russian, so I think it's normal for them.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed. I can't dance AT ALL. I just stay in one place and sway to slow music-very pathetic.

Your kiddo is quite amazing!

-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?