We are getting new air conditioners installed. It gets a little warm in Big State and my a/c has been the "little engine that could" for the entire two and a half years that we have lived in this house. So, we decided that March would be a good month to retire the old a/c's and get some new 15 seer whippersnappers .
I spent yesterday running up and down the attic stairs to look at all the pin-hole leaks in the plumbing that the a/c guys keep finding. Apparently 26 years of mineral-laden water causes rust inside galvanized pipes. Normally I would be upset at such a terrible situation.....let's face it....a/c tain't cheap, and to add what looks like a big unexpected plumbing repair would normally put me over the edge.
But I'm taking the gratitude attitude.
At least they caught it before the plumbing erupted and became a huge mess.
I'm not in a turn-off-the-water-move-to-a-hotel-file-an-insurance-claim-wait-forever-for-the-check stage.
I won't have brown water stains on the ceiling (the ones that mimic pee-pee stains on the mattress). I can't stand those ceiling stains.
Yes siree indeedy, I'm thankful. I'll take the ounce of prevention, cause the pound of cure is always more expensive.
This is how Big Daddy feels about the whole situation:
That's the "I told you so" laugh, in case you were wondering.
6 comments:
AC is one thing you can not live without in the South. I know in SC it gets over 100 degrees often and it would be absolutely miserable without it. Way to go on being ahead of the game. By the way, my family thinks I am officially crazy after the hysterical laughing spell that clip brought on. Thanks for starting my day off right, and good luck with dealing will all the dust that any type of renovation brings.
That video image was SO OUR FIRST HOUSE!
My brother would call it the mondy pit all the time.
Good luck with all your preventative work.
-FringeGirl
Tom Hanks is one funny dude!
That looks like ALL of Honey's home improvement projects!
I'll have to see if the library has "The Money Pit", that was a good one!
This is such a great saying! "I'll take the ounce of prevention, cause the pound of cure is always more expensive."
And I loved The Money Pit. Tom Hanks is likely one of the greatest actors ever.
So funny. We were just talking about this laugh the other day at work.
Post a Comment