Since there wasn't enough room in the "comments" she emailed this to me and gave me permission to post it. Without further delay, welcome my sister, Delaweird(the crowd goes wild):
To reply to Mandi, "Where do you come up with this stuff?": It does all sound a little too "weird" to be true doesn't it. I must confess, I've read my sister's post on me quite a few times today. She paints such a colorful picture of me doesn't she? Oddly and for some unknown reason, gave me flashbacks to the movie, Grease ---can't you just see me now putting on my "Pink Ladies" jacket – she must be inferring I’m Rizzo. (I love that movie but I always felt a certain kinship to Sandy actually- moves schools a week before her senior year in H.S. starts! Poor thing, all naive and just wanting to fit in. Cue the music baby
By the way friends, my sister was all she professes she was - - my big sis was "Patty Simcox" from Grease...look it up or better yet pull out that old VHS tape for a good laugh!
Oh yes, sister's bloggy friends, I am an adventurous soul that just seeks to experience life – even in the small things. However, I must clear up some small points that I think she left hanging out there and I wouldn't DARE let y'all continue to think my sister is related to some chain-smokin', rule-breakin', underwear flashin' person you might discover between the dunes on your next family beach outing. (LOL!) My points are as follows:
1. I do not smoke (that was just a small phase and the thought of it repulses me now). Thank you sis for the first EVER public declaration of this (I think they call that "outing" someone). (Mama if you are reading this, you were RIGHT- it IS a nasty thing. Mama's ALWAYS know best! >wink< )
2. I plea the 5th on the skipping school thing (Mama, you still reading?...Mama, you know your sweet baby wouldn't do that.)
3. I have to admit to the act of half naked sunbathing. But people, we lived on the Gulf Coast and there are many secluded areas to sunbathe and you never know when the mood is going to strike you. My girlfriends and I walked about a 1/2 mile from the dead end road to ensure that no one would happen up on us and our underwear. Tidbit: In Italy you can sunbathe with your top OFF! >wink<
Yes, I have sought out life experiences via different roads than my sister...some were amazing experiences and some, embarrassing disasters, but they have always taught me a life lesson. I've proudly served in the USAF and still work for the Fed supporting my military brethren. Ironically, my career is the strictest, rule-following career they have to offer - "ZERO DEVIATIONS - -EVER"....and I LOVE IT. I also love jewelry so I sell the brand Lia Sophia for a discount, I mean, HOBBY. I'm not in it for the money (my separate “Lia” bank account will attest) no, no, I'm in it for the social aspect (noooo, stoooop, say it ain't so!). I do love to bake (and could probably whip up something EXTRA special if I had one of those fain-cy handmade aprons my sis creates...hint hint, wink wink, big cheesy smile to Hat Chick!)
As for the 5 languages, well, I have moved many places and a girl needs to get around town and socialize – not to mention eat! As for the AK47, ahem, Big Sis, terrorists and Russians use those - I think you mean an M-16. Yes bloggers, I can shoot and I love hunting and I'm not ashamed of it. The 'yuck' washes off and then I'm back to wearing my jewelry, and antique shopping in Little State, No Sales Tax!
If you take away anything from this, I pray you take away from her blog and my reply: We are sisters and we love each other very much. While we may argue, hurt each other's feelings, gripe, and take each other for granted, we also laugh like the little girls who sat together on the bed so long ago, seek the other's opinion, and share a deep appreciation for the performing arts. We both have love for the Lord God Almighty, our husbands, and family. We both long for the days where we will live close enough to scream at each other from the back door (LOL!—well, maybe that’s too close). It may sound like we're best friends, but we're not. Best friends serve a different purpose, so I've always thought, and everyone determines what that purpose is for themselves. No, Hat Chick and I share a bond that is bound by blood, memories—not of just a "chapter"-- but of a lifetime, the beginning and eventually the end, and of course: love.....we're BETTER than best friends, we are sisters. They say that you can't choose your family but even if God had given me the choice, I would have still chosen her.
One day, maybe I’ll make a new blog and tell you all about her through my eyes but I don’t think I’d tell you anything that y’all aren’t learning on your own. That she’s just plain ole awesome. I love and miss you too Hat Chick (aka Patty Simcox). I look forward to shakin’ things up in Williamsburg.
Love, Delaweird (aka your little Rizzo Sandra Dee)
"We go together" – a little pick me up tune for y’all:
I told you she was great! Love you Sis!
4 comments:
How lucky are you? That is one great sister you have there. I bet your parents are proud Rizzo straightened up! Just teasing. That is a really great pic of you 2and you look a lot alike. One more question though, does she wear hats too? Just had to ask! Loved her responses.
One more thing, I was a HUGE fan of Grease growing up, so I giggled the whole time "delawierd" made her Grease references. I do believe all this happened, but some of these names you give people are a hoot!
That was such a GREAT post by your sister! I missed yesterday's post, but I'm going back to read it right away. The relationship you share with your sister is a very special gift. I'm happy for you.
-FringeGirl
What a couple of great posts! Love the banter the two of you have, and the strong bond is apparent. Best to you sisters!
And I LOVE Lia Sophia! My very own sister gave me an amazing LS charm bracelet for my birthday. Super super cool.
Post a Comment