Action: (scared to see the bags, stops in tracks then wheels turn in little devious head) Mom! Thank you for cleaning my room.
Me: (*sigh* hand on forehead) Action, I didn't clean your room. I put all the stuff on the floor into a garbage bag since you don't seem to care about it. I don't know about you, but I take care of the things I care about. I'm taking all this stuff to Goodwill.
Action: (looking up at me with big blue puppy eyes speaking in baby-talk voice) Mom, I do care about this stuff. I don't know how to clean my room. YOU never taught me how to do it right. I would put it all away if I knew how.
Me: (*sigh again* hand on hip feeling bamboozeled, not believeing I am buying this) Okay, fine. You and I will pick through EVERY single piece of that stuff in the hall and I will teach you HOW to clean your room. After this, you have NO EXCUSES! Understand? (trying to speak in my this-is-the-worst-thing-that-can-happen-to-you voice) That means a WHOLE Saturday. With me. In your room. Got it?
Action: (looking like he just won the lottery, drops baby-talk) Got it! You're the best mommy ever! (hugs me and runs away to go on with his perpetual slackerness)
Me: (yelling after him) I MEAN IT! ME AND YOU AND ALL ALL THIS STUFF! NEXT SATURDAY! NO EXCUSES AFTER THAT!
Skibbie: (after observing all) Good luck with that, Mom.
Now here's the part I didn't count on. Skibbie lost her light blue soccer uniform shorts. She looked everywhere, but to no avail. No shorts. Then it dawned on her that the shorts may have somehow gotten put in Action's stack of clothes that he never put away, i.e. they were on the floor, so she dumped the entire bag of stuff out onto the floor in the hall. The shorts weren't there.
So now, it looks like this:
Notice how Action has kicked a path through the Heap o' Junk in order to get to his room.
Saturday cannot get here fast enough for me.
There is one glimmer of hope......he has picked up everything off the floor every night (towels, dirty clothes), so nothing else gets thrown on the pile.
Big Barks and Baby Steps. That's my strategy.
Come on Saturday!
4 comments:
Wow...good luck with Saturday!!!
Sounds like you have a busy weekend to look forward to! I think it is great that you are gonna teach him how to sort and clean, but if he is like my boys EVERY toy is his favorite toy when you are about to get rid of it. I look forward to an update!
I love it! Priceless! Too bad you're going to be in the bed on Sunday from all the back breaking work. LOL! These are great times.
Hysterical. He sounds like one smart kid! My mom would've thrown it all away and not thought twice about it despite my crying. I, on the other hand, am a big softy.
If you're successful in your efforts on Saturday, tell me what you did.
-FringeGirl
Post a Comment