Do you know how to color like a first grader?
Coloring is a skill that has eluded me my entire life. Do you remember the little girl who could color a picture in vivid detail, trace the outline in black, and color the background?
That wasn't me.
I was the girl who sat in the desk in the row next to her and leeaaanneed over to see what color she chose for the dog's fur.
It is a curse that follows me to this day.
Don't believe me? Check this out.
I made this card for a monthly "Stampin' Up" group that I attend. Everyone designs a card, makes multiples of it and then we swap cards. That beauty up there is my "swap card".
I like the color combinations.....who doesn't love a little ur-ange and green?......I L.O.V.E. the quote. (If you can't read it, it says, "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. -Coco Channel) I even like the swirly doo-dad I added at the last minute. But the coloring?
Can you say "preschool"?
What does a girl who can't color do?
She changes the design of the card.
To this.
Okay, not really. I still like the first one. Even if I can't color better than a first grader.
5 comments:
I like your card, but I like to color too. My daughter always upsets me because she wants to color the same picture as I'm coloring. I don't like sharing my canvas or page out of a coloring book!
I think you did great!
-FringeGirl
That Chanel quote is one of my favorites. I've actually seen it on a wall in a bathroom in vinyl letters. It looked great! Anywho, I love to color and I think I was the one you would have been looking at in first grade. BUT I guarantee I would have been trying to cheat off you if you are even half as smart as Delawierd said you are. I think the card looks perfect!
Well, aren't you just crafty. I'm not good at this stuff, but I still try.
I was that girl who colored perfectly.
You know, the one you were always trying to copy?
But when it was time for math, I was the one looking at your paper trying to figure out how to "borrow" in subtraction.
But I like its imperfection! It's so endearing in that new trendy sort of way. Love the colors, too!
Post a Comment