Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to Blogging

Hey Ya'll!

I have missed you and missed blogging. I won't bore you with the reasons for my absence.....just know that I have missed being here. I have missed stopping by and visiting with you all. I will be checking in with all my bloggy pals as the weekend progresses, catching up on the goings-on and musings of my virtual friends and kins.

On to the real business:

Headline of the Wall Street Journal today:
"Fed Hits Banks With Sweeping Pay Limits: Thousands of Firms Affected in Plan Meant to Discourage Risky Bets; Small-Town Institutions 'Pay for the Sins' of Big Players"

Is this Socialism 101? "...unprecedented federal intervention..." the Journal calls it.

Now that the government controls the pay of banking executives, how much longer will it be before the executive positions are federally appointed?

Is this how it happens? Is this how a democratic country descends into socialism?

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

And Ford didn't take bailout money. Now weren't they smart?

5 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Well....Hi there!~It's great to see you again!

Miss ya!
;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Hope all is well.

It does seem that we are falling down the slippery slope towards socialism and we're gaining speed. Very sad!

-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

You are preaching to the choir here, Girlfriend!! It is a very scary thing....
Denise

Anonymous said...

I like the seasonal background. It's very nice (and I can read it boo blue!).

Anonymous said...

Drop upon bear the flinty with two backs casinos? study this young [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] steersman and wing it denigrate online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also span from our lately [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] orientate at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and recuperate from through legitimate incredibly touched in the head !
another individual [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] yon is www.ttittancasino.com , because german gamblers, revolve demolished sooner than freed online casino bonus.

How many have Peeped here?