Thursday, August 27, 2009

At the bus stop

[Enter Bus, brakes squeaking as yellow cheese wagon slowly grinds to a halt]

[Action files off bus, sweating and stinking and still engrossed in conversations being held over his shoulder]

[Action spots Skibbie. Runs toward her, speeding past parents, to embrace her in huge hug]

Action: "Sissy, I missed you today so much."

[Action continues to hold on tight, almost squeezing the breath out of her]

Skibbie: "I missed you too! How was school today?"

[Action and Skibbie turn toward home, walking and discussing the day's events]

[Mom looks on in amazement, disbelief, and gratitude, then follows behind in silence]

----------

This is the first year that Skibbie and Action haven't gone to the same school. This is proof that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

4 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Awww....so very sweet...!!!

Mandi Shandi said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I hope my boys get there some day. I have been catching up on your blog and you are so hilarious! By the way, I gave you an award on my blog if you have time to swing by and get it. Thanks for being the real deal!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Awww, how cute is that!
May it always be so.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Aw, such a very sweet story! Thanks for sharing it with us (creative way, too!).

How many have Peeped here?