Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Big Event

The whole book signing was very organized. Each person was given a line ticket, which was color coded. The lady from the book store explained how the holders of the announced colored tickets would line up, start getting their books signed, then at some point, she would call the next color to line up. I didn't go by and get my books and line ticket until about 2 weeks ago, so I was sure our ticket color was going to be pretty far down on the list. Angry and I were prepared to camp out for the day.

Then she announced "Here's Ree, the Pioneer Woman." The whole place when crazy with applause and cheers.

And she didn't come out. The clock read 1 pm, the assigned time for the start of the event.

Then the bookstore lady had to stand up there and nervously chat for a few minutes until Ree was actually ready. It may have been five minutes, but it seemed like forever.

She tried it again......and out came Ree.

We applauded. I tried to take pictures holding my camera with one hand from 50 yards away, and this is what I got:


Ree took a few questions from the audience then it was time to line up. The bookstore lady called out the ticket color, "Blue!"

What color was our ticket? Blue, BABY!

We were 10th in line.

Angry actually knows Ree's little sister. They carpooled to ballet together. They chatted for a few seconds.....the bookstore lady gave specific instructions about how quickly each person needed to let Ree sign the book and then move it along.



Angry and baby Sidney and PDub. How cute!
Then it was my turn. She asked about my hat, and I told her that I got it in Paris for my birthday-not-to-be-named. PDub was gracious, much taller than I expected her to be, a little nervous (maybe not nervous, but not quite settled into the groove of the book signing), and she had a really pretty complexion. She should have more pictures of herself on her blog.


I got my cool Pioneer Woman t-shirt and Angry and I were out of there at 1:30 pm. So we went to lunch. We ate yummy baked potato soup and discussed our respective 45 seconds-worth of brush with bloggy greatness. While I am glad that I got my book signed and got to meet Ree, the real treat of the day turned out to be lunch with my dear friend Angry.
I'm sure PDub would have rather been with Hyacinth, too.

4 comments:

The Swan's said...

I had a wonderful day with you too! Thanks so much.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

What a wonderful afternoon!
I like your hat!

Mandi Shandi said...

So jealous! That hat looks fantastic on you. I would never have thought to pair it with a denim jacket. You are so fashion Savvy! Congrats on meeting Pdub!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I love your hat. We need a close-up of you in the hat.
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?