Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday Night Fever

There was another ballroom competition this weekend.  It was at the lovely Houston Hilton North.  Great hotel, great crowd of dancers and spectators.....waaaaay better than Los Angeles. 

Action danced with his teacher in the Pro-Am Open and Closed division.  I don't know the difference between "open" and "closed".  I know that he dances silver level, which means he has mid-range skills for his age group and has a certain number of moves and tricks he must perform. 

If he were capable of more advanced tricks, he would dance in the gold level (and yes, you guessed it, he used to dance bronze level when he first started). 

I love his teacher.  She is from the Ukraine and has a beautiful dance line.  She is also pretty. 

They danced 5 dances in two heats, so there are 10 dances but only 5 routines in this video.  He had a tiny wardrobe malfunction....the button on his faux french cuff popped off.  Paso is his favorite of all the dances.  He didn't even realize his sleeve was undone until he put up his arm for paso.


They won first place. 


And if that wasn't enough dancing for the day, we went to a wedding that night where he danced and danced and danced. He was the hit of the reception. He broke it down with the bride. I didn't get a picture, but let me tell you, it was fantastic.

Let's just say he slept well Saturday night.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats Jackson! Sounds like he had a good time.

Sorry we missed you yesterday. I have been ill with some kind of nasty bug that has been keeping me down on the couch for 2 days. Seems to be better today though. Hope you all had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your son is pretty amazing and he gets to dance with all the pretty women. ;-)

FringeGirl

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

He is quite the little mover! I'm impressed!

How many have Peeped here?