Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Woes of a Landlord

I have a new little rent house.  It is SUPER cute.  I wish I could keep it for myself and turn it into my own little sorority house.  I would decorate it completely differently than my own house.  I would go with "sleek modern"


or "mid-century modern" - throwback to the fifties. 



I'm into this style now because I love "Mad Men" on AMC.  I have just started watching it.  I love the costuming.  I love the more formal living and entertaining people did back then.



The smoking and repression of women?  Not so much.  But look at her top and that groovy wallpaper!

4 comments:

The Urban Cowboy said...

I think the retro 50's look for anything is super cool. That's how I would decorate it for sure.

Nina in Portugal said...

EVERYTHING here is "sleek modern".

I prefer classic, even antique much better than modern. But we had no choice when shopping for furniture.

Have fun with the house...hopefully you'll get some great renters.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Sometimes I think about decorating with colors and things that would in no way match our home now. I tell myself that maybe it will be my retirement home.

Dream a little dream!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Stylish, for sure!

And wouldn't it be great to have a little place all your own, where you could just go stay a night here or there?

How many have Peeped here?