- Big Daddy and Skibbie get up at 5 am and run a mile.
- After the run, they both start getting ready for school/work.
- At 6:00 am, the alarm goes off to wake me up.
- At 6:30 am, I actually get up and say goodbye to the two of them. Big Daddy takes Skibbie to the bus stop and then he goes to work.
- I make coffee and get Action out of bed at around 6:45 am.
- Action gets dressed while I check emails.
- At 7:15 am, he makes his breakfast and gets his gear together while I get dressed to walk him to the bus stop.
- At 7:30 am, we are both out the door.
Lately, I have been glued to my computer after I check emails, either on Crackbook or reading blogs. It's terrible, but I'm addicted. Sometimes I don't get dressed until 7:25 am, which means I put in my contacts, whip my hair into a pony tail, throw on some clothes and run out the door just in time to meet the bus.
The bus stop is the social hub in the morning. The moms (and sometimes dads) are outside. We catch up on the previous evenings happenings....Who won the basketball game? How were cheer tryouts? What are you doing for Spring Break?....you know the drill.
Lots of chatting.
The other day, I was late getting dressed, again. Action and I ran down to the bus stop, and as I was talking to one of my neighbors, she took a step back at the beginning of our conversation and at that point I realized it........
........I hadn't brushed my teeth.
Great Gravy! There I was, socialing up, with Nasty Morning Coffee Breath. I was so screen-obsessed, and therefore so late, that I ran out without even thinking about picking up a toothbrush!
The poor girl was like, "Ok, gotta go to work now!"
Somebody, anybody, please tell me I'm not alone.
5 comments:
HA!
I haven't brushed my teeth yet today, but I haven't gone out yet either!
I drive my kids to the bus stop and I am wearing my pjs still. Feel better? I thought so! Miss you friend.
LOL! I'd always be waiting outside for the bus in some ratty old paint stained sweats with no makeup or worse, the previous days smudged mascara. I will never understand how some people get it all together so early.
Happy fresh mornings to you!
-FringeGirl
See? You are not alone!
I too, drive them to school in my pj's...may or not have brushed my teeth.
Imagine what will happen when I have a fender bender in front of the school!
Post a Comment