Here is Action's cannonball:
Here is Skibbie's:
We had various contests- a watermelon relay, cannonball contest with trophies awarded for biggest splash, smallest splash, best sport, best form, tightest tuck, etc.), and a freestyle competition. Skibbie got points for creativity with this freestyle entry (each kid had to tell the name of the dive/jump):
By the way, Gary has moved to the Pit-of-Despair (for those who don't know, the POD is an area in our foyer underneath the stairs that was originally installed as an indoor garden, but it's really just a 3ft deep concrete pit with a drain at the bottom. We installed a platform to cover up the u-g-l-y, and we put potted plants in it at various times of the year - mostly poinsettas or peace lilies.) So, there's Gary, standing in the Pit, greeting all the guests. I know everyone was thinking, "What is the deal with that wooden duck standing on the platform in the pit under her stairs? She obviously skipped that course on interior design." I just hope Gary's not trying to make a run for it through the front door.....it's a cruel world out there for a wooden duck from the Goodwill.
1 comment:
I have a mean cannonball that starts off with me striking a "vogue"...wish I could have entered the contest!
--Aunt Robyn
Post a Comment