Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shifting into low gear

We made it to FL! You didn't think I would leave you hangin just cause I'm on vacation, did you? I made groceries for Big Daddy before I left, so he's only high -not dry - so I couldn't do the same to everyone else.

I'm coming to you from Nanan's laptop. It's a new one, so I feel like I'm riding in a new Cadillac. It has clean, springy keys and a fancy cover. It's fast too.

She let me drive her VW Beetle convertible (aka Miss Daisy) yesterday. Miss Daisy is a standard drive car. I learned to drive on a standard, and I've forgotten how much fun it is to drive a stick. It's also a fun little car to ride around in. People were looking at me driving yesterday - I thought I was just cute - but they were really just looking at Miss Daisy. I'll tell you though, it took me back to high school days - trying to shift, change the radio and eat or put on makeup all at the same time. But yesterday I was actually shifting, playing with the radio and talking on my cell phone - hey, times change! Thank goodness the speed limit in most of Nanan's town is 25 mph and tops out at 40 mph. Life in the slow lane - exactly where I am!

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?