Welcome to my summer home.
It's just a small place in the countryside, only 200,000 acres.
You'll have to ring the bell to get in the gate.

You can park your car in the courtyard. Don't trip on the cobblestones. We haven't had those replaced in about 300 years.
We'll find somebody to take your bags to your room.

Take a few minutes to freshen up and relax.
Supper isn't until 6.
It's just a small place in the countryside, only 200,000 acres.
You'll have to ring the bell to get in the gate.
You can park your car in the courtyard. Don't trip on the cobblestones. We haven't had those replaced in about 300 years.
We'll find somebody to take your bags to your room.
Take a few minutes to freshen up and relax.
Supper isn't until 6.
You'll need to wear a jacket. It can be a littly chilly in the dining room.
We've had a few parties here.....
....there was one time when these government folks showed up to sign some papers that ended a little skirmish.....World War II, or something like that.....if memory serves.
After supper, stop by my room and I'll loan you some riding boots. We will take an evening ride through the gardens.
I'll make sure the gardener turns on the fountains.
But we do have this long canal where you can boat.
How do you get here? Just take a train from Paris, it's only 45 minutes away. Look for the signs that say "Versailles". If you get lost and need directions, don't call it "ver sails" like I did. The locals can help you if say "ver-sigh". Y'all come on by any time.
6 comments:
What a fantastic sight seeing trip you had! I crammed Madrid into 1.5 days...and some of my pictures are similar to the ones you've posted....European countries tend to all look the same.
I agree...this HAD TO HAVE BEEN the best birthday gift ever!
You did NOT say Ver-sails...I know you didn't!!!
Gorgeous!
I agree with whoever is the ANOMYMOUS was up top ----You did NOT say "Ver-sails"...you are way to paranoid of offending them (or embarrassing yourself) to make such a mistake. Also, you are too chic ("sheek").
- Delaweird
That's a mighty fine summer house you have there!
So can I come for the summer?
Post a Comment