Thursday, June 11, 2009

Graduation Post #2

I finally downloaded my pictures and my friends were gracious enough to send their photos, so here are the best of the best of the 5th grade graduation photos.

Skibbie got a new dress, and as previously mentioned, she rolled her hair in the foam rollers the night before. See how curly it is?

We walked Action to the bus stop and AS SOON as we stepped out the door, the humidity made her curls go as limp as wet noodles and made my hair look like I had just stuck my finger in an electrical outlet.


After the peeps filed into the cafetorium, they took their seats. I was lucky because Skibbie was right in front of me.

Can you tell these peeps are trained for the camera? I guess they could be excited to graduate too.

The school was gracious enough to make sure the parents had an opportunity to take all the photos they wanted. They required each peep to stop long enough to get a good pic.

Here is Skibbie with her "official" diploma.

After the ceremony, we adjourned to the homerooms for muffins and punch. As homeroom mom, we gave our teacher her end-of-year gift (a big wad of cash from the class....have fun this summer Mrs. Teacher We Loved).

One of my friends took this picture for me, since my battery was dead in my camera. Can you tell that I am holding my breath to keep my stomach flat since I didn't have time to get some of those killer Spanx everyone's talking about?

After graduation, a gang of mothers got together to throw a huge pool party for all of the 5th graders at a local pool. About 100 peeps showed up.


Skibbie's girly gang stayed together like a herd of giselles fending off a pride of lions (i.e. boys).

The last day of school was carnival day and early dismissal. What is better on the last half-day of school than to hang out with your friends, eat candy, listen to loud music and jump on those bouncy things? Not much.

Skibbie liked the super jumper that let her flip and fly high into the sky.


Just goes to prove that when you're graduationg, the sky's the limit......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pic of you and your daughter. And I don't even think you need to hold your stomach in, skinny lady.

How many have Peeped here?