Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Season

School gets out on Thursday.


Skibbie is graduating from elementary school. Next stop....junior high. Oh me, oh my.



Teen angst will soon be upon me. Boys. Makeup. Frenemies. Cell phones.



Sometimes I wish she would just stop growing. Stop getting older. Just stop all that growing up nonsense. She's supposed to be my baby forever.



Then I remember how far she has come.



How much joy she brings to me.


What a beautiful, smart, funny young girl she has become.



How could I not want to know what's next for her?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! So are your photos. Love the bee in the swimming pool. My kids don't get out of school until the 26th. It stinks!

Our kids do grow quickly, but it's fun to see the little people they are becoming.

-FringeGirl

Mandi Shandi said...

Skibbie is beautiful. She is gonna turn some heads. I agree that they grow up way too fast. It seems like yesterday my 2 were born and now we are potty training and everything else. My how time flies.

Anonymous said...

Oh I want to cry when I look at pictures of little skibbie. I remember her super jumping with David and running around my island. She is so beautiful inside and out. Angie

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

She looks like a lovely little girl, and no doubt will become a lovely young lady.
The really cool thing is when you have flashes of who they are becoming, and your heart swells with pride!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby! And, yes, she'll always be your baby, no matter what she says.

Nina in Portugal said...

Wasn't she a cutie in her heels and baby stroller!?!

She has grown into a beautiful young lady.....keep a close eye on that one....like her brother....she's adorable!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful Mom....I can't imagine how much this blog will mean to her one day if it doesn't already. I would have given anything to have my mom write something this lovely and poetic about me (as well as post all the wonderful photos).

Denise C.

How many have Peeped here?