Friday, December 10, 2010

Life lessons are hard

Skibbie has a beautiful little Coach purse that Mrs. Cutillowitz, my sister-in-law, gave her for her birthday.  It is Skibbie's pride and joy.  Even though other girls carry Coach bags (and frankly some carry purses that are uber-designer...the perk of having an outlet mall close by), no one has a Coach bag like hers. 

It disappeared at the basketball game last night.  We hope against hope that someone picked it up thinking she forgot it in the locker room.  It had her house key, her student id (which is as vital as a pencil at  school these days), her i-touch, and her smaller Coach wallet and Coach makeup bag in it. 

She was also worried that she had $4 in her wallet.   Four dollars that she earned by pet sitting. 

I am relieved her cell phone wasn't in it.

I feel so sorry for her and sick for her.

She prayed and prayed that God will somehow return the purse.  She prayed that someone on her team wouldn't steal from her.  She prayed that I wouldn't be mad. 

How could I be mad at her??

She never loses anything and is meticulous in taking care of her stuff.  Her room is always clean.  She irons her clothes.  Her locker is as neat as a pin.  Her planner is detailed and organized.  She has good grades. 

Again, we are praying that it wasn't stolen.  If it was, the child who took it better not try to bring it to school and pass it off as their own.  Skibbie has already warned us that we will be receiving a call from the principal if she sees anyone with her purse. 

She told us that another teammate's cellphone was stolen, broken to bits, and left in the locker room for the owner to find.  She is afraid the purse will return cut up and turned into a quilt. 

Please pray for the return of the purse.  If it was stolen, please pray for the heart of the child who took it.  The purse can be replaced, but the sin of the incident is hurting our hearts.  Knowing a child at her school is so desperate for attention or crying for help by these actions makes me feel desperate to help.  But who?  And how?  All I can do right now is pray.

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, this sort of thing is so hard. I hate (no more than you, I realize) that Skibbie's having to go through this.

Offering a little prayer!

Unknown said...

Aw ... sad for her. Praying she finds it.

How many have Peeped here?