Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Resolution Recap

Remember when 2010 just began....full of promise...full of opportunity....full of optimism...full of big plans and big resolutions?


Because I'm a glutton for punishment and just a measurement-obsessed, analytical geek, I spend the end of the year reviewing my resolutions I made one year ago. Did I achieve my goals? What needs to roll to 2011? 
Let's recap, shall we?
 
My 2010 Resolutions:
1.Get back to regular blogging.  HA!  Sorry folks.  Apparently regular blogging fell off around June.  We all know why that happened.

2.Get control of my American Express bill.  I try, people, I try.  Retail therapy is my issue.  So is travel.  I love to get on a jet plane.  Or a cruise ship.  Or a take a road trip.

3.Finish my extensive home improvement to-do list:
Paint my closet. (This rolls forward from 2009, but I'm not giving up on it.) - Seriously?!  Rolling ahead to 2011.....yeah, I suck.  Sadly, I think it rolled from 2008 to 2009 originally. GACK!

Paint the dining room and get curtains. - I painted the dining room and MADE the curtains.  Oh yeah, you heard it.....MADE the curtains.  Do I get extra points for that?

Decorate my bedroom. - Giving myself partial credit.  Have a new comforter but still need to paint and hang curtains.

Get the attic re plumbed. - Done, for about $6K...see aforementioned Amex Bill.

Re insulate the attic. - Finished the attic over the garage.  Moving on to attic over 2nd story in the spring.  This one will be on the 2011 list also.

Paint the TV room. - Nope - Bigger renovation in the works on this one.  Maybe we will get it done before Skibbie graduates from high school in 2016.

Upholster the back of the shelves in the office. - Big Daddy vetoed the office reno until ALL other projects are done.  Clearly, he deoesn't want the office renovated at all.

Have a BIG, FAT yard sale. - Did it!  Sort of.  Took lots and lots of stuff to charity yard sale.

If Big Daddy gets a bonus, replace the carpet upstairs. - Bonus?  What bonus?  Can you spell Recession?

4.Entertain in our home more often.  - Did it.

5.Do a better job at all of my volunteering - at school and at church. - Got sucked into more but not sure I did a better job of it.

6.Make homemade bread on a regular basis (once per quarter, maybe?) - Who was I kidding?

How can I move on to 2011 when I haven't finished 2010?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told a friend to lower her expectations and she'd be happier with what she accomplished. I think we could all stand a bit of that advice sometimes.

Kudos to you for getting much accomplished in 2010, because you did accomplish much! The fact that you MADE curtains completely erases the fact that your closet still isn't painted. I mean, who sees the closet anyway? Who cares! Don't roll it over to 2011...just my opinion of course. ;-)

Happy New Year Hat Chick! I hope it's an amazing one for you.
-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Join the club, sister. I still have a list of thirty-something things I wanted to do before 38 and I'm turning 40 next year.

The Swan's said...

You could be a super under-achiever like me and not even make a list. Then you don't have to look back and feel bad. :) You accomplished much this year. Hoping 2011 is even better!!

How many have Peeped here?