Who goes back to school after a two-week break on a Wednesday?? Our crazy school district apparently. So while you are all getting back to normal, I have one last day of Disney Channel to endure.
I should be taking down the Christmas decorations and preparing my house for either (a) my list of projects for 2011 or (b) Mardi Gras, which I should have done yesterday. Unfortunately, I spent yesterday working on a grueling physical project at one of my rent houses. I learned something very important about myself yesterday.
I am seriously OUT OF SHAPE.
I am TOO DELICATE.
I am A SOFTY.
No really. My fingers are actually raw from hauling things with my bare hands. My back and calves are so sore I hobbled into Lowes. Last night, I had a cramp in my side so severe that it felt like someone was stabbing me with an ice cold blade. You remember "that" cramp....the one you would get in your side when the 6th grade PE teacher made you run the mile for the physical fitness test. The one that made you double-over and pinch your side to make it stop hurting.
I started to add an exercise regimen to my already-stupidly-long resolution/to-do list. I think more DIY projects will cover it instead. Why pump iron when I can pump a cordless drill? Why do pushups when I can chip out tile? Why power walk when I can haul construction debris from my house?
I have decided to get a new pair of gloves. My manicure bill shouldn't go up because I have decided to get in shape.
Say goodbye to the SOFTY of 2010.
1 comment:
I am RIGHT THERE with you!!!
What has happened to us?
Post a Comment