I had a gift certificate to a local spa that Big Daddy gave to me for Christmas LAST YEAR that was about to expire so I decided to use it today. All of it. At one time.
I've been at the spa for the better part of the day.
My designated spa lady was very nice. We chatted quite a bit because she quickly recognized, and called me out on, my a-type personality. I had a basic 30 minute massage that she stretched a little longer for me. Then she proceeded with the reflexology massage. Now if you have never had reflexology, let me highly recommend it. It is especially good for anyone who spends a decent amount of time on their feet everyday (chasing kids, working retail, running back and forth to the copy machine...). My ankles felt like they had weights around them when she started and now they are back to feeling like the same ole chicken ankles I'm used to feeling.
We then moved on to the main event....the Green Coffee Wrap. I laid on a plastic lined table while she slathered ground up coffee all over me (by all over, I mean she excluded any area normally covered by a bikini). Then she wrapped me in hot towels and the plastic wrap and left me to bake. She was gone for at least 20 minutes. I slept part of the time. What else can you do when you're wrapped up like a big coffee smelling burrito? Thank goodness my nose didn't itch.
When she returned, she unwrapped me in order to scrub off the coffee. I looked like I had been rolling in dirt....reminded me of Oozeball in college....volleyball in the mud, for anyone not familiar with the game. Anyway, she scrubbed as best she could. I smelled like coffee. I showered off the rest.
Then I returned to the plastic table in order for her to put a cream called Butter all over me. She rubbed me down like the Thanksgiving turkey and told me to get dressed. I couldn't imagine putting clothes on over something called Butter. I wiped most of it off.
With a big glass of water in hand, she sent me on my happy way. I am glad to have that gift certificate spent and behind me. Yep, there's that a-type popping up again.
What is the best treatment you've ever had at a spa?
3 comments:
I've only had a a regular massage, and I LOVE them! I'd have one every single week if I could afford it. I'm honestly not sure how much I'd like the coffee wrap treatment, but I'd give it a try.
Was it fun for you? Didn't sound like it. Do you get stressed out when you're supposed to be relaxing?
-FringeGirl
I have only had one massage, and it was about 18 years ago, on a cruise ship. It was a waste for me at the time, I think I would appreciate it MUCH more now!
A client gave me a gift card to the fitness center that she goes to. I was going to get a pedicure (I have had exactly one of those, when I was pregnant with Abby 22 years ago!) but my toenails have been such a problem this year, maybe I will get another massage!
Hmmmm, good idea!
My favorite treatment at a spa was an aromatherapy facial. Did the massage and well, I just felt too exposed for my taste.---Delaweird
Post a Comment