It's Spring Break in Little Town, Big State, so we are searching for ways to stay occupied, which means a daily trip into Big City, Houston.
We went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo yesterday. We got there at 8:30 am with the intention of seeing one of Skibbie's friends show her pig, which she named Mocha Latte. For anyone who isn't familiar, if you get your pig (or heifer or lamb) into the Houston Livestock Show....that's like going to LA and getting into the movies. She was excited! She had her pig all shined up, she had on her glittery belt and her fancy black jeans. All she had to do was wait.
And wait.
And wait.
And wait.
We, being the supportive friends we are, got tired of waiting and went out to the carnival....for 4 hours, where we got throughly sunburned, spent too much money and ate so many funnel cakes it should be illegal.
(Meanwhile, in the Ag Agrea)
And wait.
And wait.
What time is it? 4 pm? We gotta go. Like we said, we love you and Mocha Latte, but we are full of funnel cake and it smells like pig in here. Good luck!
We later found out that she showed her pig at 6 pm and didn't even place. Sorry Mocha Latte. You will be good bacon.
1 comment:
I would have named my pig Wilbur. I have no imagination.
I'm pretty sure I could not hang out with pig smell for hours. I think you were very supportive friends!
Post a Comment