God gave me the Great Eight:
1. Seven people turned out for the luncheon.
2. One was our oldest member, 90, who drove herself there in. the. rain. I'm sure God protected her all the way.
3. I carpooled with a lady I know very well and one I didn't know well at all.
4. I got to know a lot more about the sweet girl that I didn't know well, and she is even sweeter and more kind and immensely brave (turns out she homeschools) than I would have ever known.
5. I found out the oldest member worked for Howard Hughs. She had great stories.
6. Because we were a party of 7, they moved us to the front of the restaurant where we were able to showcase our hats.
7. Because of our hats, several ladies stopped and asked who we were and what we were doing. I learned that I need to carry pamplets about the church in my purse.
8. I received several encouraging comments from you all. Thanks for the lift.
See the photos here.
2 comments:
Love the hats! You must have turned more than a few heads. Sounds like you had a great time despite the setbacks. I am glad!
-FringeGirl
See there? A divine appointment!
Adorable hats!
Post a Comment