The Wall Street Journal reports that the Supreme Court is poised to rule that gun ownership ranks among the inalienable rights of US citizens, elevating it to the sanctity of first amendment rights...."fundamental to American freedom."
Read the full article here
As I read this article my thoughts went like this:
Oh good. This will end the gun control debate. My second amendment rights will be forever protected. Sure, free speech got twisted to include porn and other filth, but how can they corrupt gun ownership?
Wait a minute. They are pushing big government down onto the states again. They will be able to change all the gun laws in all the states, even in the states where a majority of people voted for gun control. Don't those people have rights? If I was opposed to gun possession, I could just move to a more liberal state. I wouldn't have that choice anymore.
If they rule that it is a federal law, at some point in the future, can they rule against all gun possession? In effect, unarm us all in one drop of the gavel?
Would it be legal to carry guns and ammo across state lines? Would it be easier to check a gun at the airport?
How often do constitutional amendments get changed? Interpreted differently from how the constitutional framers intended?
Poor Mr. McDonald. He's a law-abiding citizen that can't even defend his family from the thugs. Criminals will get guns anyway. I want them to at least think twice before they try to break into my house.
Is my NRA membership current?
No comments:
Post a Comment