Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jillian who?

Oh my friends, if you want a workout that reminds you of muscles you forgot you had all while doing your part for the environment (and your pocketbook), re-insulate your attic.  I promise you will never need another workout tape or cd.

Yesterday, I started by pulling up the plywood decking in the attic.  That is a total upper body workout.  Special equipment needed?  Crowbar and hammer.  You should see my triceps and biceps after removing 24 nails per sheet of plywood. 

For your back, the lifting and prying of the plywood works both your upper and lower back muscles.  It's not pretty, but it's effective.

Legs?  Crouching and crawling to shove insulation into every nook and cranny is guaranteed to give you firmer, tighter thighs and calves.

Buttocks?  Your booty may get the biggest benefit because of all of the unnatural positions you must contort yourself into in order to straddle the joists so you won't accidentally fall through the ceiling.

Cardio?  Try doing all this with a respirator mask strapped to your face.  Again, not pretty.

Wonder if Jillian has ever reinsulated her attic?  Nah.......too much of a workout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL You're so right! Home improvements can certainly give you a good workout.

-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Wow. What a woman.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing on Monday and Tuesday when I was packing up my Mom's closet!!! 29 bags and counting!

OY, was I sore the next day!!!

How many have Peeped here?