Now that a week has passed since Easter and I'm just johnny-on-the-spot with all things related to the computer these days, I thought I would post the photohighlights.
We have an "ugliest egg" contest each year. Anybody can use the Paas to make the lovely light pinks, blues, greens and yellows, but it takes real skillz to turn an Easter Egg into something worthy of a Stephen King movie.
Action's entry was really disgusting. I think he used a food marker to draw grafetti or something on it.
Skibbie made an entry, but she also made this egg. I love you Skibbie because you know what Easter is really all about.
The Bunny Basket Mayhem started bright and early. Thankfully, the baskets were lighter on candy than in previous years. Action informed me that the Easter Bunny always put a matchbox car in his basket......until this year. I reassured him that he had plenty of cars and that maybe the Bunny knew he was into comic books now. That arguement would have been a little more convincing if there had been a comic book in the basket.
Skibbie isn't a chocolate lover, so the bunny loads her up with candy.....Skittles, Nerds, Runts, Pixie Sticks.....no annoying cream or cocao to interfere with the direct delivery of the sugar.
After the sugar rush, we got dressed for church. Big Daddy was sick with the flu (or something resembling the flu) so the peeps and I went on our own. Both kids served in the service so they had to wear robes to cover their Easter attire.
When we got to church, I realized with the peeps in the service and Big Daddy at home that I was left sitting in the front. Alone. On the pew. By myself. In my hat.
It was weird.
The Ugliest Egg was dyed by one of Skibbie's friends. It cracked and made a weird purply web. It was gross. What was the prize? The honor of knowing she made an ugly Easter egg.
3 comments:
Your children are beautiful! I'm not sure there could be a better honor than the ugliest egg creator.
Hope Big Daddy is feeling better.
-FringeGirl
Oooh, I see all those eggs and now I have a hankering for egg salad!
You children sure look snazzy! I miss those days.
Great pics! The ugliest egg contest is a very neat idea! You guys always have the coolest ideas....
Post a Comment