Action is going to compete in a big ballroom competition in Los Angeles next weekend called the Emerald Ball. (Doesn't that make you think of the Wizard of Oz? Emerald City would surely hold a grand Emerald Ball.) He and his partner have been taking extra private lessons so they will be ready. Good thing too. There are so many competitiors entered that the children's competition has been moved to a completely different ballroom. I haven't bought tickets yet, so I hope I won't be standing on a chair in the back of the ballroom.
We had a very ambitious competition schedule for Action and his partner this year. We have several local (within driving distance) competitions that we are committed to attend, but are second guessing our out-of-towners. If they don't place high at Emerald Ball - at least 4th place or better - we will scratch the rest of the traveling season. I don't want the peeps to burn out. I don't want to be one of those mothers who pushes her peep (Have you seen Little Miss Perfect?) I don't want to spend a small fortune taking the peeps to compete when they aren't really ready.
Spending big bucks then losing?......salt in the wound. Could have spent that money on more private lessons (see afore mentioned clip).
Or Lacrosse Camp.
Action doesn't want to play football next year. Big Daddy is pretty upset by that (not playing football is like not going to church). He insists that each peep play a team sport. Something about team building and lasting life lessons....blah, blah, blah.
Action doesn't like baseball.....game moves too slowly.
Basketball? He's not that tall.
Soccer? He could never keep up with the Hispanics at this age, and let's face it, don't I spend enough time on the soccer field already?
We have decided lacrosse may be his sport....involves a stick, a ball, running and it fits Big Daddy's team sport requirement. But until the Yard Hockey lessons start, Action will be dancing. In LA. Next weekend.
2 comments:
I know they'll do awesome as long as she keeps her cool.:)
And, here I thought you were coming to Louisiana ... LA ... Louisiana ... pretty much one in the same.
Is tennis considered a team sport? That's what I did...lol.
I'm like Mama Belle -- I thought you were coming to Louisiana!!
Post a Comment