Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RIP Dixie Carter

While I was at the spa yesterday, I saw a headline on the People magazine that caught my eye.....Dixie Carter passed away.  I was floored.

Her character, Julia Sugarbaker, on Designing Women, was one of my teenage heros.  That character was a composite of so many of the women in my life, and Dixie Carter played the part faultlessly.  I am sure that she poured much of her own personality into Julia....that's one reason it was such an authentic performance.

I checked to see if her website is still up, and it is.  I didn't know she had written a book. 


I am going to order it.....what a perfect summer read it will be.  I may even order a copy for my mother for Mother's Day.  (I think my mother and Dixie Carter bear a resemblance). 


They both have perfect eyebrows.  And those cheekbones.....

Maybe that's another reason I like Dixie Carter....she reminds me of my mother.

Dixie Carter, you will be missed by your fans.  I am sure you are looking down us from heaven. 

3 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh, I was also so sad to hear about her. I told the girls we were going to have to rent seasons of Designing Women this summer from the library.

I still remember her saying the line "And that, my friends, was the NIGHT that the LIGHTS went out in GEORGIA!!!" SO proudly about Suzanne!

LOTS of good stuff there.

Nina in Portugal said...

Oh my...what a resemblance!! I can see it!!

Let me know how the book is.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your mom really does look like her. I like the new photo of you and Big Daddy on your sidebar.

-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?