Sorry for my negligence on the blog. I finally had to turn to all the other things that I have been neglecting - mainly housework, cooking, shopping, correspondence and volunteering. I've barely read blogs, saving all my computer time for investment and tax research.
Since I have lots of free time (ha!), I have foolishly decided to make my own Christmas cards this year. I have started this hobby where I buy lots of stamps, ink and card stock, so I feel obligated to use these tools for the primary card-sending season. I've changed the design many times and one day I may settle on one - maybe even in time for Christmas.
We had a big weekend. Both the peep's teams won their games, and Action won the pack championship at the Scout's Raingutter Regatta (insert photo of big trophy here - oh wait, I still need to download it from the camera). Raingutter Regatta is a boat race where each scout designs a sailboat from a block of wood, then has to blow it down a rain gutter in a heat against another boat. Big Daddy's design was unique, and of course, the winner. If Action hadn't won, it would have been a blow to Big Daddy's ego. He's been making toy boats since he was a peep himself, and has much experience with real boats. He was really proud of Action (and proud of himself).
Skibbie is on student council and has embraced her role - especially the charity work they are doing. She helped sell "green bags" last night at school. The next big student council project is a fundraiser for gifts for a children's charity. She is really excited to be doing things for others. There are only two girls on the student council and she is worried that the boys are going to mess up the shopping trip to get the gifts.
She is starting to get distracted with boys. Not in the googley-eyed way, but in the boys-are-weird-and-should-be-muzzled way. There is a short list of boys who like her, but she just can't be bothered with them. I am not complaining. I only remind her that she is right to look for boys who are friendly to others, true to themselves, polite and intelligent (and cute). She has managed to identify only two boys that fit this description - one at her school and one that we know socially but haven't seen since the rodeo in Big City. Ah, the tween years.
Tomorrow is a big day. I'm going to one of the largest holiday shopping markets in Big City. I am so excited. This is not one of those markets where you can go stag. You must have a girlfriend or two or three. I managed to get a date with Big Daddy's cousin. She is bringing her husband, which is highly unusual since this market is traditionally viewed not only as an excellent shopping opportunity, but also a quasi-social affair. I concede that it will be good to have someone to carry our packages. We have agreed to think of him as our man-in-waiting.
I'm sure to have some good stories from the market tomorrow. I'll see you then. -The Hat Chick
No comments:
Post a Comment