Friday, November 14, 2008

Women and More Women

Have you ever been in a crowd of 5,000+ dressed-to-the-nines, mamosa-drinkin', credit-card-wielding girlfriends? I have. I was one of them. Yesterday.

If I were a single man in Big City, Big State USA, I would have bought a three day pass and camped out at one of the many bars at the holiday market going on in Big City.

I shopped and shopped, but I only got to see half of the booths. I don't have time to go back this year, but next year, I will hire a sitter and plan to spend the entire day. Unique gifts, fun atmosphere. What else can you ask for in a shopping experience? (Oh yes, the man-servant came in handy because we needed all the help we could get with our packages.)
_______________

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Cutillowitz! Look for your gift in the mail. I sent it out on Wed because I thought the mail wouldn't run on Veterans' Day. I was wrong.
______________

One of my neighbors has started a Mother/Daughter night once a month. We started last month, and it's my turn to host this month. It's very low-key. The moms drink wine and the girls do a craft. It's going to turn cold tonight so I'm planning on making red beans and rice. I don't know what kind of wine goes with beans and rice. Boone's Farm?

I love this idea of women getting together to share with one another. The thing I love best is that it's not a gossip circle. We are a group of educated, informed women with varying backgrounds, beliefs and experiences. We discuss and debate. This night is where we can expand our limited bus-stop conversations. Could we solve the world's problems? No, but we might take down the homeowner's association.

As for the girls? They are giggly. Sometimes the mom's are too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the homeowner's association. My money's on you girls. It's a wonderful idea to have a mom's night out. Sounds like a great time!

How many have Peeped here?