I love DVR. I wouldn't watch tv if it wasn't for DVR. Okay, I watch live football, because let's face it - who wants to watch a game when you already know who won?
When you DVR a show, you are saying, "I'm committed. I am committed to keeping up with what's going on with this show, but only when it's convenient for me." But it's a commitment, none the less.
Right now I am behind on watching a few shows that we DVR each week. One of them is Survivor. I don't think I've watched an episode since the third tribal council. I'm waiting for a cold, rainy weekend to get caught up.
We also record Brothers and Sisters and Grey's Anatomy, but like fellow bloggers, I have to fast-forward through the homosexual scenes (I wonder if gay folks fast-forward through hetero scenes).
Our all-time favorite show is Entourage. The language is horrible, but I love Jeremy Piven and his character on the show. We are counting the days until the season premiere of Big Love that stars Bill Paxton (saw him in the 80's flick Weird Science as the freaky brother - wow! He looked young.)
We also record Desperate Housewives, which is getting more ridiculous by the episode (Writers, return Eva Longoria to her former glory, please!), and The Big Bang Theory. It's just funny. We love Sheldon!
Other shows that I watch but don't commit to in DVR are Project Runway and Top Design. I don't need to commit because Bravo shows the re-runs 40 times each week, so it's easy to keep up. We also love Dirty Jobs. Mike Rowe is hot.
Looking at this list, what do my TV-viewing habits say about me? Apparently, I like clothes and soap operas. No crime-solving, ghost-whispering, law-suit-settling tv for this Chick. Not many comedies in there either. Hmmmm.........
So what do you DVR? Do you think it says anything about you as a person? (I really hope not, but I do like clothes.)
No comments:
Post a Comment