Monday, May 11, 2009

My words in black and white

A while back I submitted a response to a question posed in a national magazine. I got a REALly frantic call from a friend yesterday afternoon asking if I had seen the magazine....I was reading this and thought to myself, that is something Hat Chick would say, then I saw your name.

What?! I quickly sifted through the mail to find my unopened copy of the magazine. I ripped off the SIMPLE plastic cover and flipped through the pages to find it.

Yep! My response is right there in black and white.

This isn't a big deal compared to all the published authors in the world. It certainly doesn't compare to my friend's letters to the editor appearing in the newspaper every week...written at the ripe old age of 16.

I'm not even sure it's the fact that it's in print. I'm excited because I was one of the chosen.

They picked me!

And for all of you in bloggy land, thanks for picking me and this little blog anytime you come by. Your comments and page views keep me pecking away at the keyboard. One day I might get dillusional brave enough to submit more than 2 lines of writing, but for now, my words are in black and white.

5 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Ah, there's just something so exciting about seeing one's name in print, isn't there? Congrats!

Nina in Portugal said...

Girl...your words are in black and white each and every time you post and hit the "Publish to your Blog" button!!

You are ALREADY a published writer!!

Now...how about that?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's nice to see something you've written on paper isn't it?

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day!

-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Wait ... what magazine? Did I miss this?

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Good for YOU!!!!

How many have Peeped here?