The heading on Skibbie's spelling words this week is "Professions".
Not some phonetically based challenge, or spelling rule, or spelling exception.
Professions. Aren't professions, by definition, something that you need advanced degrees or training to attain.....hence the word "professional".
Here are the words on the list:
Librarian
Surgeon
Doctor
Engineer
Astronomer
Scientist
Investigator
Historian
Author
Chef
Plumber
Looking good....
Gardener
Salesman
Clerk
Then things start to go artsy...
Actor
Actress
Director
And when did these become a profession?
Senator
Politician
I thought they were public servants. Professional Politician is an oxymoron, right?
Big Daddy's comment? Where's "accountant"?
Word up to all you bean counters....Accountant is a hard word to spell, and I know all the good accountants and finance folks aren't getting any respect these days thanks to the few bad apples. I still love ya.
1 comment:
Ha! I used to love spelling tests. I was always pretty good at them. I agree with Big Daddy, Accountant is a hard word to spell that should be on the list.
Post a Comment