Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Reunion Dress

My twenty-some-something high school reunion is at the end of this summer. I went to a small high school so the reunion will actually be my class and the three classes that graduated right before me and probably a smattering of folks of the class of the year right after me. Many of the teachers will be there, and even our old principal, who I hear is now the superintendent of the schools for the whole county.

No pressure, right?! My ENTIRE high school reunion.

Since my Whole Family moved to my college town, I really had no reason to "go home" after graduation. Home followed me. Many of my high school friends still live in the city or close by. If they don't live there, most who have moved away still have parents in the area, so they visit somewhat regularly.

The "big event" is being held at a yacht club, so I'm struggling to find the right kind of dress. I want something appropriately formal, but not prom-like. Something appropriate for the venue, but nothing too casual. I want to be breezy.

I've been looking at this dress.




I love the one-shoulder. I am pretty committed to finding something with a one-shoulder silhouette. It's silk.....hint of luxurious without being formal (or shiny). It just misses floor length, which is good......again, not a formal dress.

It has a high slit, which is not apparent in this photo, but when I tried it on.......whoa nelly! When you walk in it, it has a sheer solid blue lining that peeks out with every step....I like that since my best asset is my legs.

Let's get to the real question.



What do you think about the print? It's called Indian Scarf. The print is the only thing that has stopped me from buying this dress. If this dress had been in a solid color - any solid color - it would be hanging in my closet right now. But that print......memorable for sure.

Is it memorable in a good way or in a bad way? Am I totally off track? Is this the impression I want to make after twenty-some-something years?

Horror......what if someone showed up wearing the same dress???

p.s. If you want to see a cute and funny date night movie, I recommend "17 Again". Big Daddy and I laughed all the way through.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Go for it Donna! You will look great. Love, BBH

Ellen said...

Donna, I love it!! I think that would be a great dress for the reunion. I have no idea what I'm going to wear...

Janna Leadbetter said...

I think it's awesome! Go for it.

And I can't wait to see 17 Again. I LOVE Zac Efron. I'd tell you how much, but that would just be wrong.

Anonymous said...

The print is a little wild, but I like it. You'll definitely make a lasting impression and since you're able to pull it off, I'd do it.

-FringeGirl

Mandi Shandi said...

Love the dress, and I think you would look really foxy in it. I agree about the print being a little wild, but it is really fun and would make an impression. I say do it!

Unknown said...

That dress is gorgeous. Get it. You would look fabulous in it.

How many have Peeped here?