Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The trash man is going to hate us

We boiled 66 pounds of jumbo crawfish on Saturday, and invited our neighbors to come over.

Big Daddy did a great job boiling up "dem Boss Hogs".


Here's Frenchy with one of the twins (little chunky monkey).



Angry went to a fancy Kentucky Derby party then stopped by to eat some crawfish with us.


After about 3 hours of swimming in the 78 degree pool water, Action and his friends decided the 90 degree hot tub water was better. (Yes, there are 10 kids in there defending themselves from some mystery pool pirate.)


Look at the crawfish levee (if you're from St. Bernard Parish like Mr. Awesome, Angry's husband) or the crawfish catacomb (if you're going to Paris this summer).


Action OD'd on fun. He was so sleepy that he fell asleep on the stairs. He was just too tired to walk up.
Skibbie had a soccer game then spent the night with a friend. I'm guessing she did not fall asleep on her friend's stairs.

6 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

How FUN!!!
It looks like your yard wasn't too squishy after all of your rain, that's good!

Janna Leadbetter said...

How fun! The menu looks delish.

We have our first of many shindigs this weekend (we're at a lake, and it draws the people like ants to picnics). I'm not quite ready to don the hostess hat, though...

Nina in Portugal said...

Forget the crawfish...I want those potatoes and corn that I saw in the middle of the table! That's my favorite part!

Great pictures!

Mandi Shandi said...

Love it! We do something very similar called a Beaufort Boil with shrimp and it is always so fun! Your pool is gorgeous, and I laughed out loud at poor action.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that many crawfish in one place before. What a great time!!!

This kids in the hot tub...now they've got the right idea. Your son was adorable sleeping on the stairs.

-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Ain't nothin' like the smell of crawfish carcasses sitting in the trash for days.

How many have Peeped here?