Thursday, May 7, 2009

So sorry, I meant to introduce you.

Sometimes I am so rude. (And you know how I hate to be rude.)

There are two new girls in the hat closet. One arrived on Easter, and I didn't even introduce her to you. She's still waiting for a proper introduction.

Please meet Constance.

Her appearance sometimes gives the impression that she is a snob (she stands up straight and is prim and proper), but nothing could be further from the truth. She does an amazing amount of volunteer work. She is quiet, which sometimes adds to the myth that she is a snob, but once you get to know her, she is very down-to-earth. She uses her grandmother's silver, never dreaming of leaving it storage. She thinks beautiful things are meant to be lovingly used and appreciated.
The other new girl was found by Delaweird in a little boutique.
Let me introduce you to Sydney.

Sydney is on perpetual vacation. She came with a gorgeous tote bag to match that carries all her travel guides, beach towels and sunscreen. She is a native of Madagascar. She's what I would call a "granola girl" - all natural (made of raffia) and is very "green" in her thinking. She considers herself a citizen of the world.

She is still waiting for a proper stand, but she doesn't mind sitting on the shelf for a little while, stuffed with paper to maintain her shape.......but she has made me promise that I will buy her stand from Goodwill and recycle the paper.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the introductions! I love them. We're going to need a few pictures of you in them.

-FringeGirl

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Lovely Girls!

Mandi Shandi said...

You are such a hoot! And the new hats are beautiful!

How many have Peeped here?