Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He *could* be my new best friend

Do you know Frank Davis?

If not, let me introduce you.

Frank cooks. More importantly, Frank writes cookbooks that are written for people like me. People who don't cook. People who don't like to cook. People who don't like to make menus or grocery shop, but must still feed the peeps.

Frank also has a tv spot on the news in N'Awlins.



He's multi-talented.

I love this cookbook for 5 reasons:
1. The recipes are easy.
2. I have most all the ingredients in my cabinet already.
3. He tells me what to serve with the main dish in that, "hey, if you serve this with rice and green beans, your family will clean the kitchen" kind of way. No stuffy intimidating menu.
4. Most every recipe I've cooked from this book can be done in one pan (a big plus for me).
5. The resulting meal is like "yo momma usta make". Mmmm!

My favorite recipe so far has been smothered pork chops (on the bone, of course). I'm going to try a shrimp recipe tonight. We luv some shkrimps 'round here.....coconut shkrimps, barbeque shkrimps, fried shkrimps, grilled shkrimps, boiled shkrimps.....

Frank. My new friend.

6 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

I need a cookbook like that! Does it work well if the family you're cooking for is pickly?

Janna Leadbetter said...

Er, well... I meant picky, but pickly is much more fun, don't you think? :)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I have an uncle named Frank Davis, and he is multi talented as well. Alas, he has not written a cooking book though!

Unknown said...

I've never seen this. Hmm ... I'll have to pick one up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great cookbook!

Mandi Shandi said...

We love shkrimps too. Ever tried a Beaufort Boil?

How many have Peeped here?