Our Fourth in Fotos:
I "flagged" the house.
The peeps decorated the bike and trailer
for the neighborhood bike parade (no contest, just fun).
Even long-time pal Little Lamb was in on the act.
The gang gathered to ride to the parade starting point together.
Action, true to his raisin', threw beads and candy from his "float".
After the parade, we had to cool off at the pool. The peeps entered the hula-hoop contest. Boys vs. girls. Winners pushed the losers into the pool. The boys, thanks to swivel-hips Action, won, but Skibbie (in the turquoise one-piece and the yellow hula hoop) gave it her best shot.
Off to the next pool party, the peeps danced with the next gang of friends at the country club. Notice that I make Skibbie wear a one piece. She hates me for it a little bit. But I don't care.
She's still a little girl who stands on her daddy's shoulders in the pool. For now.
7 comments:
Beautiful pictures!
One-pieces are crucial in our family, too. 'Til they're, like, forty... when they'll likely no longer want to wear one.
Looks like fun! I can only hope that next year we do something relaxing and low-key... like hanging by the pool. Something close to home so I can sneak a nap in if I want to. ;)
Ha! I thought I was the only hated mother who forced her daughter to wear a one-piece ... well, actually, a tankini. All the girls her age wear bikinis. Whatever. I told her she's more developed than they are, which she is. And if there mothers want pre-teen boys ogling their daughters parts, that's their business. OK. Off my soapbox.
I do allow her to wear a bikin when we're at our neighborhood pool because usually no one's there.
It looks like you had a great day!
Such fun! I loved the pictures. Sounds like you all had a great time.
-FringeGirl
Ain't nothing wrong with one piece swimsuits!! You go Mom!!
I love your kids creativity!! The hot tub deal..and now the coolest bikes in the parade!!
Love her one piece suit. She'll have plenty of time to wear a 2 piece! Looks like you all had a great time and that is wonderful!
Post a Comment