I couldn't make the coffee fast enough this morning.
The kids? No problem. Action bounded into my bed at 7:15 am (late for him as well). He made his own cereal. Skibbie made her own hot chocolate and cereal. I love kids who are self-sufficient. I know I will regret saying that one day - the day when they are off living their own lives and I'm stuck here all alone ('cause ya know Big Daddy will be at W.O.R.K.)
A sidenote: I know the only reason that I am even able to complain about having a summer hangover (much less having one in the first place) is because Big Daddy is so dedicated to his w.o.r.k. I love him for it, but gosh, it sure gets lonely and we sure miss him when he works late hours every night, then leaves at the crack of dawn the next morning. He might as well be out of town.
So, I'm looking forward and looking back. Where will we be in 5 years? How did we get here? Do you ever wonder that? I didn't think I would be a stay-at-home mom, but I love it. I didn't think I'd live in Big State, but it's worked out really well so far. I didn't think I'd be a w.o.r.k.-widow, but I could have anticipated that, and now accept it as a part of my reality. So, what do I want to be when the kids grow up? I have some ideas. What do you want to be when you (or your kids) grow up? Or are you already "livin' the dream?" Let me know. Post the comments. It's easy. Really. (Do you sense the peer pressure? Good. Cave in.)
Pic O' the Day - Action, Skibbie, Yogi and Minnie (yes, we're on a first-name basis) at Epcot - this photo was taken around 11 pm after a full day of walking, sweating, autograph-seeking and pin-swapping - and we still had two more rides to go. Talk about a summer hangover!
3 comments:
Hey! Thanks for the link love, lady... I'm a work widow, too, so I can fully relate. I think when my kids grow up I'll probably be too old to be anything, but I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick "writer." Preferably one who makes a little money here and there. Hee hee. Enjoy your hangover. I have a pregnancy hangover, so I can relate to you there, too!
When my kids grow up, I am going to want to do something with kids, because they keep you feeling young! Enjoy your day. Hope your hangover goes away soon. Angie
When my kid grows up, I plan on moving in with him. Turnin' some tables..."Taz" already will tell you, he WANTS "mommy and daddy to live with him in his big house while he goes to work" ----SIGN ME UP!! Can that be considered a retirement plan?
--Robyn--
Post a Comment