There must be something in my Macadamia Nut Coffee this morning, because I am blogging
early today. I feel inspired. Why? I don't know. Could it be that Action was up at 6:30 am and I've already read the paper? Could it be that Gary has stopped playing games with my head? Gary spent the last two days in the parlor (that room in the front of the house that would normally be the formal living room, but we have this other living room just beyond it, so we had to come up with another name - something other than "the front room". Neither room, the parlor nor the living room, has a tv in it (which is my qualification for a family room) so we can't have two "formal" living rooms. Besides, "parlor" sounds so Southern and stately, but I digress.) looking out the window from the bookcase one day and then from an occasional table the next. He was trying to convince Nanan that he should stowaway in her luggage and take a little vacation. Little does he realize that Bama would be the end of him (or at least his beak).
Here is a picture of Gary on his square, because I know you are just
filled with curiosity about this queer little duck.
We are preparing for the 4th of July, meaning that I have lots of errands to do before everything closes for the holiday. We haven't bought fireworks yet, but that's always a part of the fun on July 4. We love to cruise the stands and negotiate for the best prices. For us, it usually includes a volume discount. Action has decided that he needs to graduate to the lighter this year. "The pump is for babies." Oh no, my son! You will be pumpin' or nothin' this year. As skiddish as I am about fire and things that blow-up in general, he should be happy that I'm letting him within 50 feet of the things. But Big Daddy assures me that this is some right of passage for little boys, so I must defer to his judgement. Very hard for the Chick to do. I don't know much about the roosters, other than they get up early.
No comments:
Post a Comment