So Action and I were looking for some, well, action, and we decided that Friday yard sales would be a good thing to do. We made our usual Donut Friday stop then drove around looking for yard sales.
Yes, you heard it right. I spent $4 a gallon gas to look for 25 cent items for my son to buy. We happened upon one particularly good sale. It turned out to be the home of Action's former classmate whose family is moving. I was all in a tizzy because this particular mom is the one who you can call at the last minute to bake a cake or volunteer for the carnival and she will do it. Luckily, she told me that they are moving closer to school. I was also noted she is hugely pregnant, so I'm guessing they're getting a bigger house. I'm quick that way, ya know?
After scoring an eyeball that lights up and some soccer-themed party confetti, Action and I headed to the mall. The mall in late July is a great place. There are sales galore on summer items, which is a good thing since summer weather in Big State isn't over until November.
I scored a fantastic hat. It's was 75% off (do you hear the alleluia chorus?). It is fain-cy! See?
Action took this photo for me. You may be asking yourself where I wear all these hats, and do I really wear them? Yes, I do. I wear them to church. You have to understand that we go to a small church where everybody knows everybody. I'm just the girl who wears a hat alot of times. I confess, I wear them mostly when I'm having a bad hair day or haven't made an appointment to get all my gray's dyed. Today my hair falls into both catergories. My hair actually looks so bad today, that I needed to brush it and fix it so I could even take this picture. (Notice that I didn't bother to put on makeup because that falls outside the realm of my capabilities this summer.)
I'll be on my hat-high most of the day. Then night will fall, and I'll feel sad and lonely that Skibbie is not here. I'm sure she's having to much fun to be missing us right now. Action is sure missing her. He slept in her bed last night. He may have to make room for me tonight too!
1 comment:
Okay, it's been TWO days since you last blogged. I'm all caught up and am really interested to know how Sarah's camp adventure went!
--Robyn--
Post a Comment