Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What happened to Tuesday's blog?

Sorry folks. Tuesday slipped right past me. One of the hazards of summer vacation, I suppose. We saw Wall-E today. It's a cute movie. Sparked some interesting conversation in the car afterward. Don't worry - no spoilers here. But it did get me thinking about stewardship.

Gosh, there's so much that we are responsible for as human beings - ourselves, our resources (time, talent and money), the planet and all its resources, our families. God gives us a lot and I know that we are doing our darndest to keep it green. We recycle all the items we can. We have stopped buying bottled water and drink from the tap. I try to make sure we aren't leaving lights on or needlessly using electricity (did you turn off the ceiling fan when you left the room?).

I would like to bring up something that I consider a huge waste - junk mail. What a waste of paper, human resources, fuel and time (including the time it takes me to throw it into recycle bin, mostly unopened)! American Express is having a contest where they give out $2.5 million to someone with an idea that changes the world. Here's an idea American Express - stop sending me marketing materials in the mail! I already get most of my bills electronically and pay most electronically. I would say send me the other marketing hoo-ha via email, but they already do - it's called SPAM.

Oh. Wait. Hold On. I need to step down from this soap box I'm on here. Whew - so I'll be spending a few days thinking about what I could do to improve the world if I had a few greenbacks to get things done. What would you do? (Hint, Hint, leave some comments!)

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?