Confession #1.
I am a nail biter.
Of the fingernail variety.
It's an awful, digusting habit.
I have pledged to grow out my own natural nails and to stop spending money at the nail salon (fulfilling my 'get Amex under control' resolution) to get acrylic nails.
I will miss the acrylic nails. They are like having a set of tools on the ends of your fingertips. A screwdriver, can opener, scraper......all semi-permanently attached. And I like the tick-tick-tick sound they make when they strike the keys on my keyboard. And they look nice.
Confession #2.
My last set of acrylic nails fell off in September. It's taken from September until December for the sanded nailbed to grow out (you know how they sand down your real nail to prepare it to receive the acrylic nail stuff....that part). So I am just now able to really make this resolution, even though I've been preparing for it since September.
My game plan.
I had a manicure (I can't go cold turkey at the nail salon).
I have painted my nails with a clear polish.
I might start taking vitamins again.
I will sit on my hands at soccer games (or at least wear gloves).
I will post photos of my progress. I'm counting on you to hold me accountable.
Off to take a calcium pill,
Stubby
3 comments:
You are so funny!
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress pictures.....I'm holding you accountable!!
Good luck! I think the polish will help.
At least you don't bite your toe nails!
Good luck to you.
-FringeGirl
Post a Comment