Thursday, January 14, 2010

Slow Growing

It's been a week since I declared my mission for 2010. As promised, I am posting my progress.

There's something about making a promise in cyberspace that is keeping me motivated.

I went to the nail salon yesterday and told them about my goal of growing my own nails. I asked for some advice from the "expert"....the Vietnamese Nail Chic named Phu Kim who insists I call her Nancy.

She suggested I buy the nail strengthener they sell for $7. She told me I would have to apply it everyday. That's too much work for me...put on nail polish everyday?! I think they just wanted my $7.

Anyway, I proceeded with the manicure and had her paint my nails in a nude/neutral color (according to Cosmo, nude nails are 'in' right now......and everything 80's.....been there, done that, not going back)

I have discovered that my middle finger nail always breaks, and my thumb nails never seem to grow.



I thought this was only true on my left hand, because I'm left-handed, and then I noticed that it is true on my right hand too. (Follow the tiny arrows)



Weird.

I had a friend once who told me that she could always tell a woman's real age by looking at her hands and her neck. My hands look like they belong on the end of the arms of a 110 year old. Is there such a procedure as a hand lift? Finger straightening?

I'm NOT posting pictures of my neck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think my hands look old too. My nails split and peel. It's yucky. Oddly the only time they ever grow is when I'm taking steroids for my asthma. Then they suddenly become strong and don't break or peel. So weird. Can't imagine the connection, but I refuse to believe it's all in my head. ;-)

-FringeGirl

The Hat Chick said...

Hey FringeGirl,
I have asthma too. I never thought there could be a connection between the two, but it would make sense because I have always believed that my inhaler is destroying my teeth.

Teeth, nails....what's next? Bone?
Hmmmm.
-Hat Chick

Unknown said...

Oh, your hands are fine. I have huge blue veins poking out of mine. They look like they could burst at any minute.

Delaweird said...

Look, who are you kidding?!! Noone is going to take their eyes off your beautiful face (and neck) to look at your hands. If they did it would probably be to look UP at your HATS! Your fingers are fine "chickapee"...(uh, now about them toes...kidding!) Love, "Sista"

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

My hands look just like yours. Want to go to a Red Hat luncheon together?

My husband has a nail that does the exact same thing. Very strange.

Hey, I loved your Kitty Carry All comment over at FringeGirl's!! Why is all that Brady trivia still stored in my brain?? I have use for that space elsewhere!

Nina in Portugal said...

Your nails are looking wonderful!
Keep it up!

How many have Peeped here?