Turtle LOVES Wheel of Fortune. Don't even THINK about changing the channel at 6:30 pm when Wheel of Fortune is on. Turtle and Vanna are on a first name basis. Vanna doesn't know it, but that doesn't really matter, now does it?
When I was a kid, we would spend our summers passing the days watching game shows on TV. First, the holy grail of all game shows, The Price is Right, came on at 11 am, right before "The Young and the Restless". Bob Barker and his models. Rod Roddy and his crazy jackets. The Clock Game....higher, lower, lower, higher...tick, tick tick! So intense when you're 10 years old!
Every afternoon we would watch "Family Feud". I really wanted to be on "Family Feud". I had it all worked out...It would be me, my mom, my sister Delaweird, and my aunt and uncle. We would RULE!
Sometimes while we were watching on tv, my sister and I would play the bonus round at the end. She went first answering the questions that were asked of the 100 people surveyed. I was the anchor - I needed the extra 5 seconds. The problem was that we never knew what "the surveys says" about our answers if our answers didn't match what was called out on tv.
One Christmas, I got the board game as a gift. I loved it. As I remember it, I always felt like it would be way cooler if Richard Dawson's voice could say "Survey Says...." when we played. I was glad he wasn't in my living room trying to kiss me though. I always thought that was creepy.
If you could be on a game show, which one would it be?



3 comments:
Ah ... I loved Family Feud. I'm not much of a game-watcher now. I'd probably pick one of those not forgetting the lyrics shows.
I loved all those game shows as well!
I probably would have done best at Wheel of Fortune.
Do you remember Jokers Wild and Gambit? Maybe before your time.
One I really liked after school was Beat the Clock. All sorts of tasks in very few minutes!
I was a big Family Feud fan myself, but you know what game I LOVED? Press Your Luck with those silly little whammies. Did you ever watch that? Every time we were sick and stayed home from school my grandmother would put on The Price is Right at 11 and then the soaps would start. It's a huge part of my childhood memories.
-FringeGirl
Post a Comment