She was telling me how the story was different than what she expected and so on, and then we finally got around to the question everyone eventually asks when discussing "Twilight".....Edward or Jacob?
I had seen a portion of the first Twilight movie on HBO or Showtime or somewhere and knew the buzz. My early-twenty-something-year-old neighbor was always wearing t-shirt with some Twilight theme, so I knew the basics, as she was always ready to engage in a conversation about the books, her love for Edward, how she wished she was Bella or how she just wished Jacob would go away.
I decided that Skibbie and I should watch the first movie together ( it is rated PG-13). I didn't have an answer to the "Edward or Jacob" question. Most of her friends have read the books or seen the movies already, so she was running next to me trying to jump on the bandwagon too. We forwarded through the scary parts.....I don't like scary movies at all and couldn't handle some of the more intense scenes. She liked "Twilight", and so we watched the second one, "New Moon". We loved it and rented the third one, "Eclipse" on pay-per-view. Now we are cursed to wait for the final movie to come out in November.
I watched Twilight two times while folding laundry yesterday. Skibbie's I-touch wallpaper is a picture of Taylor Lautner.
We are now officially sitting on the tailgate of the bandwagon dangling our bare feet, giggling, and bouncing down the dirt road till November.




1 comment:
You have been BUSY blogging!!!
We are not huge fans, but I have to say we are Team Jacob.
Post a Comment