Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nothing good comes from being on TV

That's what Big Daddy thinks.  It's what he's tried to convince my inner-stage-mother to believe.

But he's going to let me drag Action to an audition for a talent competition reality show.  I can't say which reality show because the 4 pages of miniscule typewritten release and contract says that breach of confidentially could cost up to $50,000 per breach. 

Anyway, if we end up on TV being portrayed as a bunch of hicks or hacks, just know that we had a blast and enjoyed the experience.  Action has already assured me that this is going to be one big adventure.  Let's hope it doesn't become the "Pee Wee" type.

What do I expect to get out of this? 
 - An experience that my son will remember his whole life. 
 - A lesson in trying things for fun. 
 - The opportunity to take a risk that could turn out to be big.
 - The chance to perform in front of complete strangers (can you spell "Public Speaking"?).
 - Some really good blog fodder - I have to be focused on what's really important!

3 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

Good luck to him (and you?)! That sounds a HUGE adventure! I'm intrigued to hear how it all works. And I like all the things you want to get out of it too!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, wow! Can't wait to see what happens.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Can't wait to hear the blog fodder that it produces!
Go Action!!!!

How many have Peeped here?